Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Post Date: September 26, 2018
The Kacar Lab (kacarlab.org) at the University of Arizona seeks to recruit a Research Associate/Staff Scientist in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology with a strong background in molecular cloning, enzyme expression, purification and kinetics. The successful candidate will work on a cross-disciplinary project on the biochemical analyses of phylogenetically reconstructed ancient proteins and enzymes that are of metabolic and biogeochemical importance.
Our lab works at the interface of molecular evolution, synthetic biology, biochemistry and astrobiology. The project is funded by the National Science Foundation and NASA. This position will cover full salary and benefits, can start immediately and will be for up to two years, following the successful completion of a one-year probationary period.
Submit to Betul Kacar the following via email (email@example.com):
Cover letter describing your experience, training, expertise and motivation
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more.
The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States. World at Work and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona, please click here.
Post date: April 25, 2018
Position Description: Living Ink Technologies, LLC (www.livingink.co) is a cutting edge biomaterials company using algae and cyanobacteria as colorants for printing ink products. Living Ink is looking to hire a research technician or a post-doctoral researcher capable of metabolic engineering cyanobacterial strains within a research lab setting. Additionally, this position will assist with daily operations and business development. Competitive applicants must demonstrate a high level of independent research and exhibit strong problem solving abilities, as well as a capability to work among the executive level team members on a wide array of business development tasks. Location is Denver, CO with a start date of Spring 2018.
· Location: Living Ink Research Lab: Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO
· Full time position, with the potential for benefits (health insurance stipend)
· Pay range: ~$55,000
Support Living Ink Senior Scientist and CSO (70-95% time):
· Standard molecular biology tasks including running gels, PCR, media development, culture maintenance, etc.
· Design and construction of gene constructs for the production of various value-added molecules via metabolic engineering
· Transformation and characterization of various species of heterotrophic as well as photosynthetic microbes
Support Living Ink Executive Team (5%-30% time):
· Develop material intended for venture capital, strategic commercial partnerships, NSF reporting requirements, etc.
· Support strategic business relationships
· Assist in daily operational tasks including lab management
Qualifications: Previous experience with standard molecular biology techniques including, cloning/plasmid construction, working with bacterial and algal cultures.
If interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org