Sign In / Sign Out
- ASU Home
- My ASU
- Colleges and Schools
- Map and Locations
Post date: April 25, 2018
Position Description: Living Ink Technologies, LLC (www.livingink.co) is a cutting edge biomaterials company using algae and cyanobacteria as colorants for printing ink products. Living Ink is looking to hire a research technician or a post-doctoral researcher capable of metabolic engineering cyanobacterial strains within a research lab setting. Additionally, this position will assist with daily operations and business development. Competitive applicants must demonstrate a high level of independent research and exhibit strong problem solving abilities, as well as a capability to work among the executive level team members on a wide array of business development tasks. Location is Denver, CO with a start date of Spring 2018.
· Location: Living Ink Research Lab: Anschutz Medical Campus, Aurora, CO
· Full time position, with the potential for benefits (health insurance stipend)
· Pay range: ~$55,000
Support Living Ink Senior Scientist and CSO (70-95% time):
· Standard molecular biology tasks including running gels, PCR, media development, culture maintenance, etc.
· Design and construction of gene constructs for the production of various value-added molecules via metabolic engineering
· Transformation and characterization of various species of heterotrophic as well as photosynthetic microbes
Support Living Ink Executive Team (5%-30% time):
· Develop material intended for venture capital, strategic commercial partnerships, NSF reporting requirements, etc.
· Support strategic business relationships
· Assist in daily operational tasks including lab management
Qualifications: Previous experience with standard molecular biology techniques including, cloning/plasmid construction, working with bacterial and algal cultures.
If interested, please email email@example.com